Obtain an approved chest X-ray quickly and efficiently
We’re approved to carry out chest X-rays for visa applications to selected embassies. Our service is rapid, our attention to detail immaculate and our prices low, starting from as little as £65.
If you’re looking to book a visa X-ray, you can do so here.
Routine chest X-rays are frequently requested by embassies to rule out infections, the most common is active tuberculosis. What documents patients need to provide for these X-rays varies from one country to the next. Some embassies provide chest X-ray forms directly from their medical department. If this is the case, there is no need for an additional referral from a clinician. However, other embassies do not provide anything. Instead, they expect the applicant to get a signed referral from a clinician.
The most common requests are:
- A chest X-ray form from the embassy or clinician referral form
- Photographic proof of identification (e.g. driver’s licence or passport)
- A passport sized photograph
The list covers the requirements of the more common countries we perform X-rays for. If your country is not on the list then contact your embassy who should be able to advise you.
Please note we no longer offer medicals or chest x-rays for immigration to New Zealand.
Visa X-rays done quickly and Expertly
- Over in 30 minutes: The total time spent in our centre during a visa X-ray is about half an hour. During this time patients register, have a consultation with a radiographer – where the process will be explained and you can ask questions – and then have the X-ray.
- A strong support service: Our radiographers are trained to make patients feel at ease and stay informed before, during and after their scan.
- Flexible booking: X-rays are normally performed Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. However, we do offer early morning and late evening appointments upon request. Our centre is open 8AM to 8PM, seven days a week.
- Conveniently located: We are conveniently located in the heart of the Harley Street medical district on Wimpole Street, just a few minutes walk from Oxford Circus or Bond Street station.
A Consultant Radiologist views all X-rays and produces a report within two working days. This can be done on the same day if advanced notice is given. All patients receive a CD of the scans.
- For those referred by an embassy: Patient will need to take the report back to their embassy.
- For those referred by a clinician: The clinician will be sent the report, so the patient will need to arrange an appointment to discuss the results
Visa X-rays are simple to book
All the information about booking, including our user-friendly online booking form is available here.