We’ve clearly defined our DXA service by following a recommended gold standard protocol. This assures our scans are consistent and accurate from one patient to the next. With our DXA scans, you’ll discover the highest quality service for the lowest possible price – starting at just £65.
We offer two DXA services. Irrespective of which service you choose our scans are always performed to a consistently high standard by one of our DXA technicians.
- DXA for the detection of osteoporosis – this aims a low dose of X-rays at the bone, calculates the mineral content and then compares this to a person with similar attributes
- DXA + Instant Vertebral Assessment (IVA) for the assessment of vertebral (spine) fractures – this is a rapid low-dose x-ray scan of the entire spine, taken in combination with a standard bone density test.
Choose a gold standard protocol
Be assured that our technique and protocols follow the ‘Gold Standard’ as recommended by the National Osteoporosis Society for bone density measurements. You can find more information on this at www.nos.org.uk.
Choose a consultant led approach
All our DXA exams are reported by our expert Consultant Radiologists. They work closely with our experienced DXA technicians to make sure reports are detailed and made to the highest standard.
Choose rapid and accurate results
We guarantee an accurate and rapid turnover of DXA results. This means reports and images are available and sent to you within 24 hours (one working day).
Choose a quality service
The quality of our service is recognised by all major insurers including BUPA, AXA PPP and WPA. We are also are registered and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Offer a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere
We have worked hard to create an environment that keeps patients as calm and comfortable as possible. This starts long before they walk in the door, where we will be on hand to answer any questions they may have about their DXA scan or osteoporosis.
Offer a convenient location
We are conveniently located in the heart of the Harley Street medical district on Wimpole Street, just a few minutes walk from Oxford Circus or Bond Street station.
The centre is open between 8am to 10pm on weekdays, and 8am to 8pm on weekends, while DXA is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
We’ve reduced the price of our DXA scans to help self-funders. So if you’re looking for guaranteed consistency, accuracy, and 24 hour reporting, you’re looking for one of our Affordable DXAs. Prices start at just £65.
If you are planning to book an Affordable DXA you can do so here.
DXAs made affordable
DXAs are incredibly useful for catching conditions that can leave bones broken, but we don’t think having one should break the bank. We’ve lowered our DXA prices to make the scans affordable for self-funders. But rest assured that while the price may have lowered, the quality and consistency stays remarkably high.
What is included?
We offer two types of scan under our Affordable DXA service, with prices starting at just £65. Both are performed under a stringent gold standard protocol to ensure consistency:
- DXA for the detection of osteoporosis – from £65
- DXA + Instant Vertebral Assessment (IVA) for the assessment of vertebral (spine) fractures – from £99
Affordable DXAs done quickly and accurately
- Done in just 30 minutes: Patients register, have a consolation with a DXA technician, who takes a few general measurements such as height and weight, and then have the DXA scan. It is quick, easy and takes just half an hour.
- Consultant led: A Consultant Radiologist views all DXA scans and then creates a report. This is made available online to the referring clinician within 24 hours (one working day). Patients will be able to take away a printed copy of the scans.
If same day reporting is also required we may be able to provide this, however please give us a call on 020 7467 1888 to discuss.
Enhanced DXA Lifestyle Service
New to our DXA we have introduced a lifestyle report from an expert rheumatologist for a more complete service. We’re still affordable! We offer two types of scans for this service at great prices and available through our referral and self-referral processes.
- DXA Lifestyle- includes DXA scan and lifestyle report- from £99
- DXA Lifestyle Plus- includes DXA scan, Instant Vertebral Assessment (IVA) and lifestyle report – from £150
Affordable DXAs are simple to book
All the information about booking, including our user-friendly online booking form is available here.
A simple referral process
We provide same day and even immediate DXA scans for your patients. So contact us today.
1. Book a DXA for your patient
You can do this in one of 4 ways
- Refer a patient online via our portal, TREVOR – log in here
- Complete a secure online booking form – fill one in here
- Download a referral form and email or fax us a copy – download one here
- Call us on 020 7467 1888 – our bookings team will be happy to discuss and arrange an appointment
2. Receive a confirmation
For peace of mind we will contact you to confirm the appointment and contact the patient with all relevant information. You will receive the report and images within one working day.
Alternatively, let your patient self-refer
It is possible for your patient to self-refer. Please call us for more details.
All you need to do is complete our step by step booking form and leave the rest to us. We will contact your patient and let you know once it’s all booked. Alternatively, you can request a call back and one of our bookings team will happy to contact you.
All bookings are also dependent on confirmation via email from our bookings team and prices may vary based on your referral form.Go to referrer booking
All you need to do is provide us with your contact details and a brief message and one of our bookings team will call you back.